- A half-hour documentary on a traditional bespoke tailor. The blog of the main gent, English Cut, is eminently readable, and is where I found the video.
- Barack Obama on race in America. I have been watching the current election shenanigans in the US with interest — not least because the resident of the White House can have a real impact on the state of the world. Obama has struck me not only as a very talented orator, but as a guy with his head properly screwed on, even as he catches flak over comments made by his former pastor. UPDATE: See/hear the speech on YouTube.
And a few from the BBC News service:
- How to remember your dead dog. Over the last few years I have become very much a dog person, and have been repeatedly astonished at how stupidly attached I have become to an animal. But I just don't get this at all.
- Course-work in the internet age. Sorry to admit that when reading this I found myself idly wondering if I could offer my services to some students out there. Then I wised up.
- Arthur C Clarke has died.